Start-ups : Call for applications !
The 2nd edition of the African Rethink Awards invite start-ups from Africa and its diaspora to apply until August 15th 2016, http://www.lelab.info/en/apply/.
Open to all young start-ups from the continent and its diaspora, the African Rethink Awards competition promotes Africa’s economic and social development thanks to its young talents. It rewards innovative and performing start-ups, whose business model can be duplicated on the African continent. The African Rethink Awards – ARA – are open to any start-up meeting the following criteria, free of charge:
- To be created within the last 5 years,
- Founder is from African or its diaspora, and less than 35 years old,
- To lead an effective CSR policy,
- To present positive results,
- Service or product is innovative.
After a preselection phase, opened up until August 15th 2016, the selected candidates will be invited in Paris on October 22nd and 23rd during the Land of African Business’ meetings. They will present their business model, meet partners and investors, benefit from networking opportunities and a enjoy a wide international visibility. The ARA’s organization takes over their travel and housing expenses. Four prizes will be awarded to the laureates:
- The Great Prize, endowing €5000, rewards the entrepreneur from Africa or its diaspora presenting the most performing business plan
- The Women Entrepreneurship Prize, endowing €3000, rewards the exemplarity of a project led by a woman
- The Diaspora Prize, endowing €3000, rewards the involvement of an entrepreneur from the Diaspora in the continent’s development
- The Jury Prize compliments a project favoring the transition towards a viable and sustainable economic model in Africa
To subscribe, candidates can visit the African Rethink Awards dedicated area on the website http://www.lelab.info/en/apply or send an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form. The call to candidacy is opened up until August 15th 2016 at midnight. The initial deadline has been extended by 15 days.
More informations on our page “apply“.